
Toni Elling Burlesque Legend
Women of Color have always been a part of the burlesque and vaudeville world and have paved the way for performers like myself to do what we love. I was asked in an interview, "Why aren't there more women of color in burlesque?" Well, the complete answer to that question I don't know, but It got me thinking. There are so many wonderful women of color making a splash in the burlesque community, but a lot of them don't get the recognition they deserve. Well I am going to start spotlighting different burlesque performers of today and yesterday to spread awareness about women of color in the burlesque community. Hopefully it will inspire more women of color to become a part of the burlesque community as well as empower women of color to love themselves and embrace their differences.

If there is a performer you would like to see spotlighted please shoot me an email: honeycocoab@gmail.com